Granola and yogurt is one of my favorite quick breakfasts. I like just a little plain homemade yogurt in my granola and I usually add a few dark chocolate chips just for fun.
I grew up making granola for a family of ten. When I got married I quit making it and just bought granola because I’m the only one in the house who really likes it. Since going gluten free I’ve discovered my favorite brand isn’t GF. Knowing I could make my own much cheaper than I could buy it prompted me to experiment with flavors I liked.
I’ve come up with a super easy and delicious gluten free granola recipe that I think you’ll love! I’ve specified the goodies I like to add to mine, but you could use any kind of nuts, dried fruit, seeds or other grains! The base is good on it’s own, but what’s granola without all your favorite goodies? :)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats (I use the quick oats)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Combine dry ingredients. Melt oil and combine with syrup and vanilla. Stir into dry mixture.
- Dump mixture into a glass 9"x13" baking dish.
- Bake at 250 degrees, stirring every 15-20 minutes till the granola is dry and crunchy.
- Add the good stuff. Stir and bake another 20 minutes to toast the goodies.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Link up one of your recipes for Tasty Tuesday!