Pancakes are a favorite breakfast food for my boys. They get so excited to see me making them that I’ll often get up early just to surprise them with hot pancakes and real maple syrup. Me? I always eat them right off the griddle with a little butter and by the time I’ve finished cooking I barely have room in my stomach to have one with syrup.
This time of year I like to play around with recipes, adding pumpkin and cinnamon to just about everything.
That’s why we’re talking about pumpkin pancakes today. I played and experimented and man, oh man. Never have you tasted such a moist and fabulous pancake!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs coconut sugar or honey
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Mix all the wet ingredients and the sweetener. Stir in the dry ingredient and cook on a lightly oiled griddle!
- Serve with real butter and maple syrup.
- To make Gluten-Free, substitute 1 C oat flour. That's it! Super easy and just as yummy!