Nothing says fall quite like pumpkin baked goods. These homemade pumpkin pop tarts are a treat that even the smallest people in your family will love to help make, and eat!
You can make these quickly and easily using pre-made pie crust and canned pumpkin pie filling, or you can make your own pie crust and pie filling. However you make them, they’ll be fresh and delicious!
- Host a fall harvest party and let the kids help make and decorate their own pop tarts!
- If you got some mini treat bags you could use these for party favors.
- I think these would be great for the kid’s table at Thanksgiving, and more appreciated than a slice of pie.
More Fall Party Ideas:
- Candy Corn Chalk for Kids
- Candy Corn Smoothie Recipe
- Pumpkin Painting Basics – All the fun, less of the mess.
- 13 Fun Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
- Pie Crust (pre-made from the fridge section of grocery store, or homemade)
- Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Cookie Cutters
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Food coloring (optional)
- Sprinkles (I used fall themed sprinkles)
- Roll out the pie crust to a thin, yet manageable thickness. Use the cookie cutter to cut pieces, keeping in mind that each tart requires two pieces of dough the same shape for the bottom and top.
- Place a small amount of filling in the very center of the pie crust, avoiding the edges or it will seep out during baking. Place the second piece on top lightly. Do not press down in the middle.
- Pinch the edges or use a fork to crimp the edges, just like you would on a pie.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Watch the tarts and remove them when they are golden brown, before the edges get too dark. If filling comes out on the edges, wipe away the excess. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk in a bowl. Once the icing is thoroughly blended add the food coloring of your choice if you prefer a colored frosting. Pour the icing over the tarts slowly, it will run. Immediately add the sprinkles on top of the icing since it will thicken quickly.
- For the word BOO on top of the poptart I used the small silver food cutters. I cut out the word BOO for one of them using left over pie crust and added to the top, the other I cut it out from the top piece of tart and laid back down so the pumpkin would peek through.
- If you prefer not to use cookie cutters then you can just make squares or rectangles like shown in the image.