The really cool thing about chili (pun intended) is that it can be made so many different ways and is one of the easiest meals to make from your prepper pantry! I recently made a great Texas Chili from items I had on hand, making this a very budget-friendly recipe. Some of my ingredients were fresh, but you could very easily replace with dried or canned items from your food storage supply for a great prepper chili.
- 2 15oz cans pinto beans
- 2 15oz cans red kidney beans
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 minced jalapenos (optional)
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t salt
- juice of half a lime (optional)
- Sautee the onions and peppers in a little olive oil. Add remaining ingredients and let simmer till everything is hot and the flavors are combined. You can put it in the crockpot and let it cook all day if you want. The longer it cooks, the better it tastes!
- Serve with shredded cheese and diced avocado if you have it.
Texas Chili Recipe: Delicious!
This is one of my favorite recipes – the ingredients don’t cost a lot, especially when I pull most of it out of my pantry, so it fits into my family’s budget beautifully! The ‘Yum’ factor helps too!
What are your favorite chili toppings?