Cooking with whole wheat and coming up with recipes that are healthy AND taste good makes me happy. I’ve been cooking with WW my whole life, but spent many years eating things that didn’t really taste good. So, when I figured out how to make yummy whole wheat blueberry muffins I was thrilled!
It’s blueberry season in north east Texas and we’ve been to the pick-your-own! In an hour we harvested 24 pounds of delicious berries and I’ve spent the past couple of days trying to get them all frozen for smoothies and muffins…
Now I’m going to share one of our favorite recipes with you!
- 1/2 c butter softened
- 1/2 c honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c whole wheat flour (I use Prairie Gold because it's soft and light)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees till toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for a couple pf minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack or clean dishtowel.
- If you whip the butter and honey together till it's light and fluffy then handle the rest of the process very delicately you'll have super fluffy muffins. But, even without that special touch these are to-die-for delicious!
- Sometimes we make these as mini muffins for snacking and I freeze the extras for later. If we have them for breakfast they are all eaten in one sitting!