When I first started this Sunday column I told you I’d keep it real and I’d be sharing not only what happens in our garden each week, but some of the things I make, cook, and enjoy. What’s real right now? Our jalapeno plants are still producing. I have frozen enough to last me a couple years and I’m still getting peppers. So, I decided it was time to learn how to make jalapeno poppers. Now, I’ve seen pictures and recipes online, but I’m stubborn and didn’t look any of them up. I figured it couldn’t be too hard and I was right.
Here’s how to make jalapeno poppers the easy way!
- Lots of Jalapenos
- Cream Cheese
- Cut the tops off your peppers, slice lengthwise and remove the seeds and pithy part of the pepper.
- Using a small spoon, fill the peppers with cream cheese.
- Wrap each pepper half in about a 1/3 slice of bacon. Bacon should wrap around 2-3 times and stick to itself.
- Bake at around 450 until the bacon is done, or put them on a try on the grill! My grill has a little tray with holes in it that has a solid tray under it to catch the grease so I don't have to worry about the grease catching fire.
- Some of the cream cheese will melt and drip out. It's ok. They still taste amazing.
- Serve warm.