It’s that time of year–when many gardens are producing more zucchini than we know what to do with! Never fear, help is here…this is the first in a series about what to do with all that zucchini. Maybe with these ideas and recipes, you won’t be sneaking it onto your neighbor’s porch before they catch you leaving bags of extra bounty!
- 6 medium zucchini
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (I love Classico organic)
- 1 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and place on paper.
- Scoop out seeds with a teaspoon and discard.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef, drain, and mix with spaghetti sauce.
- When zucchini is done, fill centers with sauce/meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.
- I can think of so many other fillings that would be delicious...shredded BBQ chicken, cream cheese with green chilis, spicy black beans, bacon...
Don’t have your own zucchini and want to try? My advice – read this book for gardening tips
How To Use All This Zucchini – A Series At Mom Prepares
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Zucchini Apple Pie Bars
- Zucchini Bread For The Freezer
- Fried Zucchini Rounds
- Zucchini Bread Recipes
- Dehydrating Summer Zucchini