Shelf Life: 3-6 months
Benefits: The sea salt and hair gel/aloe help to add texture to your hair, while the jojoba oil hydrates and conditions. Coconut essential oil adds a yummy beachy scent.
Tips and Tricks: Instead of making your own salt water, why not go right to the source? Next time you’re at the beach, collect a jarful to use in this recipe.
Variations: Sub jojoba oil for carrier oil of choice, and coconut oil for essential oil of choice.
Level of Difficulty: EasyPrint
This DIY beach waves spray is summer in a bottle! Tousled beach waves are just a spritz away.
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp jojoba oil
- 1/2 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 5–10 drops coconut essential oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
Tools & Supplies
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Sanitized glass spray bottle
- Heat distilled water in a pot until it is warm but not boiling (warming the water helps the salt to dissolve).
- Pour water into a bowl and add in remaining ingredients, whisking everything together.
- Using a funnel, pour mixture into your bottle.
- Shake before using.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 26 minutes
- Category: Hair Recipes
Share on Pinterest