Looking for the perfect party drink to serve at harvest-time? Or maybe just a way to treat yourself to a delicious creamy (and healthy!) drink? Well, let me introduce to you the Candy Corn Pumpkin Smoothie, a revolutionary beverage invented by yours truly :) This smoothie is out-of-this-world YUMMY, perfect for Halloween or Harvest get-togethers, or even a midnight snack *evil cackle* so give it a try, and revel in the deliciousness of the Candy Corn Pumpkin Smoothie.
Candy Corn Smoothie
- Here’s what you’ll need to make this smoothie – don’t worry, it’s nothing too elaborate!
- Pumpkin Layer
- 1/8th tsp. of cloves
- 1/4 tsp. of ginger
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 cup of ice
- 2/3 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree (You can use the same canned pumpkin you’d use to bake a pie, or you can actually bake some pumpkin yourself – either way is fine!)
- 1 tbspoon caramel syrup or a few drops of caramel flavoring
- Sweetener of your choice – to taste
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- Substitutions: If you don’t have all the spices, just a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice is fine. Also, if you don’t have cream or almond milk, you can use 1 cup of regular milk instead.
- Other Layers
- As you c an see in the picture, the Candy Corn Pumpkin smoothie consists of multiple layers resembling the layers of a piece of candy corn. Obviously, the smoothie itself will be the middle layer due to its beautiful orange color.
- Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- Yellow food coloring
- Once you’ve got all of your ingredients assembled, put the ice, water, cream and almond milk (or just regular milk – which ever you choose) in the blender. Select ‘puree’ from the options, or whichever is the highest setting – you don’t want any chunks of ice in your smoothie. Once your liquid and ice have blended thoroughly, add in the spices, the sweetener, and the pumpkin puree. Blend for a few more minutes or until smooth. Don’t worry if it’s thick, as long as all of the ice has been pulverized. Put it aside – you’ll need it in a few minutes.
- Take out your cool whip and spoon about half a cup each into two separate bowls. Then, add a few drops of YELLOW food coloring into one of the bowls, mixing it thoroughly until it looks about the color of candy corn yellow.
- Finally, place a thick layer of yellow Cool Whip into the bottom of your smoothie cup, (preferably clear, so you can see the color of the layers) then carefully pour about an inch of pumpkin smoothie goodness on top of the yellow layer. As a grand finale, spoon some white cool whip on top and enjoy! (Repeat this layering system if you want to get a cool layered autumn smoothie.)
Candy Corn Smoothie – YUM!
There you have it! Once you’ve tried this recipe, please come back and let me know what you think!
Have you tried making the candy corn smoothie? What did you think?