Zucchini all by itself is really kind of blah and flavorless. Not only that, but it’s a food that many kids aren’t especially fond of. These crispy zucchini rounds might just change that! You can adjust the ration of spices to fit your family’s taste (spicy/mild, more or less salty)–or even add your own combination. There’s no right or wrong way to do it and it’s completely versatile. This really couldn’t be simpler, and it’s such a yummy summer treat!
Fried Zucchini Rounds
- 6 medium zucchini
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Flour, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Slice zucchini into 1/4” rounds
- Dip slices in beaten egg, then flour.
- Place in skillet with heated olive oil.
- Let them cook until the bottoms are golden brown, then flip with tongs and fry the other side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- They make a perfect side with almost any meat or vegetarian main dish, or just as a snack all by themselves.
The last time I made these, it was hard to get them to the table before they were all gone. This recipe uses a LOT of zucchini! If you’re overrun this summer, give it a try!
Zucchini plants are easy to grow and they grow fast so you could add a couple plants to a small garden and still be able to try several zucchini recipes. We recommend reading
How To Use All This Zucchini – A Series At Mom Prepares
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Zucchini Apple Pie Bars
- Zucchini Bread For The Freezer
- Fried Zucchini Rounds
- Zucchini Bread Recipes
- Dehydrating Summer Zucchini