Fudge is one of my favorite Christmas treats. I love all the varieties and the the creamy texture.
However, I have a hard time getting fudge to set up. I don’t know if its the humidity here or what, but I’d settled on just eating everyone else’s fudge until a friend shared the easiest fudge recipe ever. She said that she learned it at a Pampered Chef party several years ago. I love this quick and easy fudge recipe as a last minute treat during the holidays. AND, this two ingredient fudge recipe has never let me down!
Here’s what you’ll need for Perfect Fudge In a Flash! (And no, I didn’t even have to go and get my recipe book out! It’s that easy to remember).
- 1 container of icing (I like chocolate of course but you could try any flavor!)
- 1 package of chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet, white chips would probably work too)
- Put the chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 60 seconds. Stir well and then continue to microwave in 20-30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted, stirring each time.
- Stir in the icing while the chips are still hot and melted. Stir quickly until the texture is creamy throughout.
- Pour into a small square pan and spread evenly. This is also the time when you can throw in your favorite bonus ingredients…pecans, nuts, more chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then cut into pieces and enjoy!
Tip: Here’s some more recipes for goodies you can make ahead of time.
I hope you’ll give this last minute treat recipe a try today! With only two ingredients and simple steps, it’s sure to become a favorite in your house too.
What’s your favorite last minute recipe to make?