Remember that pumpkin spice mix recipe we shared a few weeks ago? Well, you can grab that from the cupboard, pull out your slow cooker and some mason jars, and get started on this slow cooker mason jar pumpkin bread recipe!
I think that these individual jars would make great gifts for friends, neighbors, and teachers. You can dress them up a little with a ribbon or lace, tuck them into a basket with other goodies, or sneak into a corner and enjoy one yourself while no one else is looking!
Slow Cooker Mason Jar Pumpkin Bread
Cook Time: 1 hr 45 min
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (previous recipe)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 4 tablespoons of raisins (optional)
- In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice – place to the side. In medium mixing bowl combine brown sugar and oil; beat till well combined. Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin; mix well. Add flour mixture from small bowl. Beat just until combined. Stir in raisins – optional.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into well-greased and floured 1/2-pint straight-sided canning jars. Only fill the jars a little less than half way, otherwise they will overflow. Cover jars tightly with greased foil. Place a piece of crumpled foil in the slow cooker with a liner in place. Place jars atop crumpled foil. Cover; cook on high setting for 1.5 to 1.75 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Remove jars from cooker one at a time, wipe rim of jar clean; put on lid and ring and screw on tightly. Jars will seal as the cake cools.
While we don’t know how long these will be shelf stable, you don’t have to refrigerate since its bread that has been baked. We had ours over a week and it still tasted fine.