A few weeks ago I was discussing glass bottles with my father in-law. He wanted to find something he could use for every day. He’d tried reusing Snapple tea bottles, but they are a little too small. We talked about old milk bottles. Since then I’ve had finding the perfect bottle for him in the back of my mind when I shop. I figured I could buy something with the right sized bottle and give it to him to use. A week later I was talking to a rep from BuyGreen.com and he mentioned that they also own Retap.com and asked if I’d like to review one. I checked out their site and a huge smile came across my face. These reusable glass bottles are exactly what I didn’t know I was looking for!
Retap is a Scandinavian design company whose mission is to transform the way we drink water. The name, Retap, is a shortened version of refill with tap water. Whether you drink straight from the tap or filter like I do, you’re going to love these high quality borosilicate glass bottles. If you’re like me and you want to read the whole story, the Retap Handbook is a great look at the company and product.
Reusable Glass Bottles for Everyone
Retap bottles come in three convenient sizes. I got the medium (17oz) and it’s just the right size to hold and drink from. The smalls (10.2oz) would be perfect for a child or for packing juice in your lunchbox while the large (27oz) would be good to take with you to the gym where you’ll be drinking a lot during a strenuous workout. You can also choose from a variety of colors for caps which means you could get each family member their own color and never wonder whose bottle is whose.
My original thought was that I’d review the bottle then give it to my father in-law. Now I’m planning to keep it and buy him his own.
Buy your own Retap glass resuable bottle!
These are our affiliate links. When you purchase these bottles you not only help the environment, you support our site. Thank you!
What I love about the Retap Bottle
- It’s sturdy. While the glass is thin and lightweight, it doesn’t feel like it’s going to break. The borosilicate glass is a high strength heat resistant and eco-friendly material.
- Easy to clean. The bottle has no seams or ridges. The smooth insides and outside surfaces are easy to clean and there’s nothing for your drink to get stuck on or make cleaning difficult.
- Easy to drink from. The mouth of the Retap bottle is smaller than a drinking class, but larger than a standard plastic bottle. It feels very natural to drink from! This is what changed my mind about keeping the bottle.
- Great seal. I was very skeptical about the lid. It’s hard to see online, or even looking at the bottle, how something that doesn’t screw on could seal tight. But, I tried it. I even shook a half-full bottle hard trying to make it leak or make the cap come off. It doesn’t. I don’t know if the caps loosen after a lot of use or not, but I did notice that they sell replacements on their website. So, rest assured that if you lose your cap or it starts leaking, you can order another one!
- Dishwasher safe. Yes, I’m a pretty green person. No, I’m not ready to give up my dishwasher. I detest washing dishes and my dishwasher saves me a lot of time which I can use to do other things like garden. This bottle and cap being dishwasher safe is a big deal to me because it probably wouldn’t get used if I had to wash it by hand.
Want. Want. Want.
I seriously want one of these zippered sleeves for my Retap bottle! I feel like one of these would help me be more confident about taking my bottle on the go!