I’ll be honest here. We aren’t getting enough strawberries to freeze or make strawberry banana frozen yogurt out of. We eat our berries before they can make it into the house! But, because berries are in season I’m picking them up pretty cheap right now and am freezing as many as I can!
How to make your own frozen yogurt:
Yesterday my little sister and I decided to make a treat to cool us all off on a hot summer day. I got out the blender and started dumping stuff in… Here’s what we came up with!
Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
Simple 5 ingredient recipe. This frozen yogurt has a great texture thanks to the frozen bananas!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk yogurt
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- You want the blend to be very smooth, so thick but not so thick it won’t blend. This is why I used some milk. You can make it with more yogurt and no milk if you want, but you may need to defrost the berries or use fresh so it all blends well.
- You should have about 5 cups of mixture total.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker. This should get about as thick as soft serve ice cream. Transfer immediately to a container and put in the freezer for an hour or two if you’d like it to be harder and scoop-able!
My favorite ice cream maker:
I have and love this Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker. I love that you don’t need ice and salt and this machine doesn’t make a mess. It also works really fast. All you have to do is keep the insert in the freezer and it’s ready to make ice cream anytime!
Note: I found that if I keep my insert in the deep freezer and it performs much better than if kept in the little freezer over my fridge.