Every summer when I was a kid, my mom, sister, and I made dozens of loaves of zucchini bread at the height of zucchini season. There’s nothing better than a spicy, warm slice just out of the oven spread with butter.
The best thing about zucchini bread is that it’s moist and freezes beautifully to be eaten all winter! I’ve kept it in the freezer literally from summer to summer.
ZUCCHINI BREAD THAT FREEZES WELL
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. oil
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. baking powder
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 c. raw grated zucchini
- 1 c. chopped nuts
- Beat eggs well, add oil, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Then stir in flour.
- Add zucchini and nuts and mix well.
- Bake in two greased and floured loaf pans (glass works best) for about 1 hour at 350 degrees or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; let sit for 10 minutes, then dump onto a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Place in plastic bags and freeze…If it lasts that long!
- To thaw, simply place the bagged bread on the counter.
Enjoy your garden bounty all year!
Would you like to save seeds from your great plants this gardening season and grow some more of the same the next season? Just maybe not so many zucchini plants? :)
We recommend reading this to learn more:
How To Use All This Zucchini – A Series At Mom Prepares
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Zucchini Apple Pie Bars
- Zucchini Bread For The Freezer
- Fried Zucchini Rounds
- Zucchini Bread Recipes
- Dehydrating Summer Zucchini