- Fresh large plantain leaves (washed and dried)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. wheat germ
- 2 tbsp. spiked salt (or a variety of spices of your choosing)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour, water, egg, wheat germ and spices into a bowl and mix well. Dip leaves into the batter and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure to not to overlap for best results.
- Bake 5 -10 minutes if the leaves used are very large. If the plantain leaves are smaller then start watching them at about the 3-4 minute mark to ensure they do not burn.
- Serve warm or once cooled!