When it comes to your lips, you don’t want to put just anything on your lips especially when they are chapped. Try to make your own honey vanilla lip balm with this recipe.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp shea butter
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp beeswax pastilles (or grated beeswax)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (optional)
Tools & Supplies
- Double boiler (or a pot and metal bowl)
- Measuring spoons
- Sanitized metal tins or lip chap tube
- Use a double boiler or create one by filling a pot with water and placing your metal bowl over the pot.
- Add coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax into the boiler and stir until all of the ingredients have melted down.
- Remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the mixture is still warm add raw honey, vanilla extract, and vitamin E oil. Stir to combine.
- Scoop into metal tins or lip chap tubes and set aside to cool.
- Category: natural facial recipes
Keywords: diy lip balm, chapped lips