- 4 cups red clover flowers
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups organic cane sugar
- ½ lemon or orange (organic if possible) chopped, (peel and all)
- Put flowers and water in a pot. Simmer gently for about 20 minutes, turn off heat, cover, and let sit overnight.
- The next day, strain and press liquid out of flowers. Add sugar and sliced citrus and heat slowly, stir occasionally for several hours or until reduced to a thick, honey-like syrup.
- Can in 2 cup jars.
- This recipe makes a little more than 2 cups. I usually quadruple this recipe to share with others!
- The citrus is optional; it will give the syrup an orangey or lemony flavor. If you want the pure Red Clover flavor, you can omit the citrus.