- 5 or 6 Peaches
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Fruit Pectin
PREPARE AND COOK THE FRUIT
- Slice the peaches and remove the pits. Place in a sauce pan with the lemon juice and cook over medium low, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. When the peaches are starting to get mushy remove from heat.
- Blend the fruit on high until completely smooth.
MIX DRY INGREDIENTS SEPARATELY
- Pectin tends to clump, so mix it with the sugar.
ADD WHILE BLENDING
- Turn the blender down to medium so you don’t splash hot fruit puree on yourself and slowly add the sugar and pectin mixture while blending. You need to do this slowly and while the puree is still very hot so the sugar and pectin dissolve.
POUR INTO JARS
- You can use clean glass jars or plastic storage containers! I used some of each. Refrigerate right away and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
You can make this without sugar. I almost did, but because I planned to use it on cookies I wanted this batch to be a little sweeter. If you want to sweeten with fruit, try adding a little white grape juice concentrate. It doesn’t have much color or flavor but is very sweet!