Want to make your own natural magnesium deodorant?
Magnesium is a vital mineral for our health and well-being, and one that many people are deficient in.
Using magnesium in your deodorant not only offers an effective alternative to a chemical filled antiperspirant, but it also gives you your daily dose of this important mineral!
- 1/4 cup magnesium chloride flakes (not nature calm)
- 1/4 cup warm distilled water
- 2 tbsp witch hazel
- 10–15 drops essential oil of your choice
Tools & Supplies
- measuring cup
- Sanitized glass spray bottle
- Heat distilled water in a pot until warm but not boiling.
- Pour water into a bowl and add magnesium flakes. Stir until dissolved.
- Add witch hazel and essential oils of choic
- Using a funnel, pour mixture into a 5 oz. glass spray bottle.
- Mix 1 tablespoon bentonite clay with enough distilled water to form a paste (be sure to use a wooden spoon or even your finger—bentonite clay should not come into contact with metal).
- Spread the mixture onto your freshly washed underarms and allow to sit for 10 min.
- Rinse off and follow up with our magnesium or grapefruit deodorant.
- This clay helps to pull chemicals and toxins from the tissues in your armpits, clearing the area and thus speeding up the detox.
You can use the magnesium oil as a deodorant on its own, or use the following recipe.
Some people can find the transition period from using commercial deodorant to a natural DIY version quite challenging.
You may find that you are extra sweaty or have more odor as your body adapts to the switch. This isn’t fun, and one way to help ease the process is with an underarm detox.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: natural body recipes
Keywords: magnesium deodorant, natural deodorant, homemade deodorant