This DIY homemade hair spray recipe will keep your hairstyles looking great all day — without the harmful side effects.
Shelf Life: 3 months.
Benefits: Not only does this hairspray save you the burden of the heavy chemical filled commercial varieties, it’s also great for your hair!
Aloe nourishes and hydrates the strands, glycerin locks in moisture, and bergamot strengthens your hair.
Tips and Tricks: Adjust the amount of sugar to give a more flexible or stronger hold. 1 teaspoon will give you a light, flexible hold, while a tablespoon will offer a strong, maximum hold.
Variations: For an even simpler, 2 ingredient version, add 1 teaspoon of white sugar to 1⁄2 cup warm distilled water.
Sub bergamot for essential oil of choice.
Level of Difficulty: EasyPrint
This DIY homemade hair spray recipe will keep your hairstyles looking great all day— without the harmful side effects.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp aloe vera
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp glycerin
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil
Tools & Supplies
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Sanitized glass spray bottle
- Heat distilled water on the stove until it is warm but not boiling.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until everything is combined and there are no chunks of aloe vera left.
- Pour into glass spray bottle using the funnel.
- Category: natural hair recipes
Keywords: homemade hair spray, hair spray for women, diy hair spray
Share on Pinterest