Say No to Take Out
I’m not going to lie–those Chinese takeout egg roll wrappers are delicious. Unfortunately, they aren’t the best things for your body.
No worries, if you are craving those tasty little appetizers, try this healthy keto friendly egg roll in a bowl instead.
Keto Friendly Egg Roll
In all honesty, the worse thing about an egg roll is the deep-fried wonton wrapper. I promise you once you taste this healthier version, you won’t miss it.
This recipe is perfect for those on a keto diet, whole food, gluten free or low carb diet. It features heart-healthy shredded cabbage, protein-packed lean ground pork and immune boosting garlic, onions and fresh ginger.
Best of all, it’s has fewer carbohydrates and sugar than the traditional egg roll.
This dinner recipe is completely customizable to your tastes and dietary needs. Swap out the ground pork for ground turkey or beef.
Use shredded bok choy cabbage, kale or collard greens. Serve it in a bowl or plate–whatever you prefer.
You can cook the egg roll in one large skillet. It takes less than 30 minutes to put together this tasty quick weeknight dinner.Print
All of the delicious flavors of your favorite fried Chinese appetizer come together in a lighter, faster, one skillet meal! This healthy, keto friendly version of an egg roll with be your go-to low carb weeknight dinner.
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup sliced Onions or Shallots
- 1 pound grass fed Ground Pork, Turkey or Beef
- 4 cups shredded Cabbage or 1–14 oz back of Cabbage Slaw Mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh Ginger, minced
- 2 cloves fresh Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1 tablespoon toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup roasted Peanuts, chopped
- chopped Green Onions for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onions, stir fry over medium heat until soft.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, mix well.
- Mix in the ground turkey. Cook, breaking apart the meat as needed until completely cooked.
- Add in the shredded cabbage. Mix well. Heat until the cabbage is just cooked.
- Add in the coconut aminos, mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add in 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil and mix.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15