This is the ultimate luxurious body treatment; this homemade vanilla body butter will leave you your skin absolutely glowing.
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vitamin e oil (optional)
- 1 dash mica powder (optional)
Tools & Supplies
- Double boiler (or a pot and metal bowl)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stand mixer, immersion blender, or kitchen beaters
- Sanitized glass jar
- Use a double boiler or create one by filling a pot with water and placing the metal bowl over the pot.
- Add coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax into the boiler and stir until all of the ingredients have melted down.
- Once everything is melted down, remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Add aloe, vanilla, and mica if using, and whip everything together using stand mixer, immersion blender, or kitchen beaters.
- At this point, your body butter will still be quite soft. Scoop the mixture into a container and set it aside overnight to cool.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Natural body recipes
Keywords: body butter