Shelf Life: 1 year
Benefits: Aloe is full of antioxidants, helps to soothe and hydrate the skin, and can even help to minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
Shea butter and coconut oil are both ultra hydrating and full of skin nourishing vitamins, and beeswax helps to lock in moisture and protect your skin.
Tips and Tricks: To make this extra au-natural, use aloe from a plant rather than a bottle! Simply cut open a leaf and scrape out the gel inside.
One tablespoon is equal to approximately 6 small aloe leaves.
Variations: Sub coconut oil for carrier oil of choice, shea butter for butter of choice, and vanilla extract for essential oil of choice.
Level of Difficulty: MediumPrint
This is the ultimate luxurious body treatment; this homemade vanilla body butter will leave you your skin absolutely glowing.
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp beeswax pastilles
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vitamin e oil (optional)
- 1 dash mica powder (optional)
Tools & Supplies
- Double boiler (or a pot and metal bowl)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stand mixer, immersion blender, or kitchen beaters
- Sanitized glass jar
- Use a double boiler or create one by filling a pot with water and placing the metal bowl over the pot.
- Add coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax into the boiler and stir until all of the ingredients have melted down.
- Once everything is melted down, remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 mins.
- Add aloe, vanilla, and mica if using, and whip everything together using stand mixer, immersion blender, or kitchen beaters.
- At this point, your body butter will still be quite soft. Scoop the mixture into a container and set it aside overnight to cool.
- Category: Natural body recipes
Keywords: body butter
Share on Pinterest