Shelf Life: 1 year
Benefits: The composition of coconut oil allows it to sink into hair more deeply and quicker than most oils, making it an excellent hair conditioner.
Mango butter is full of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and E, making it great for hair health. It also has UV protection and helps to protect hair from sun damage.
Aloe helps to balance the pH of your hair and seal in moisture, making it more hydrated and less prone to frizz.
Grapefruit essential oil is great for your hair and helps to enhance shine and luster.
Tips and Tricks: This hair cream is also great for your skin. Apply as a night cream or make up a big batch to use as a body butter!
Variations: We chose mango butter for this recipe because it is lighter than shea and cocoa butters, so it won’t weigh down your hair. The other butters are also wonderful for your hair, though, and can be used instead of mango.
You can also sub grapefruit for an essential oil of your choice
How to Use: Apply a tiny amount to the ends of dry or damp hair.Print
The combo of coconut, mango, and grapefruit makes a truly divine, tropical scented homemade hair cream!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp mango butter
- 2 tbsp aloe vera
- 15 drops grapefruit essential oil
Tools & Supplies
- Double boiler (or a pot and metal bowl)
- Measuring Spoon
- Sanitized glass jar
- Use a double boiler or create one by adding water to a pot and placing a metal bowl over the pot.
- Add coconut oil and mango butter to bowl and melt over medium heat.
- When oil and butter have melted down, remove from heat and add aloe and essential oils.
- Whisk until evenly mixed.
- Pour mixture into a jar and allow it to cool overnight.
- Category: hair recipes
Keywords: diy hair cream, homemade hair cream, hair cream recipe
Share on Pinterest